Fit & Condition Guide
All measurements are taken with the item laying flat. The measurements given are of the clothing and you should account for comfort when comparing measurements. We strongly suggest you compare the measurements in the listing with those of a garment you already own that has a similar cut and fits you well. This will give you the best idea of how a garment will fit.
We always try to get the most accurate measurements, but depending on the cut of the garment, approximations may be made. Please closely compare the measurements listed with your own measurements to ensure the appropriate fit. Our modern size estimates are just that, estimates, and these approximate modern size equivalents should not take precedence over actual measurements.
MODERN SIZING GUIDE (approximate)
size | bust | waist | hips
xs (0, 2) | 32-34 | 24-25 | 36-37
s (4, 6) | 34-36 | 26-27 | 37-39
m (8,10) | 36-38 | 28-29 | 39-41
l (12,14) | 38-40 | 30-33 | 41-43
xl (16) | 40 + | 33 + | 44 +
How we measure:
1. The skirt length is measured from center waist to hem. Dress length is measured from shoulder to hem.
2. The hips are measured across the widest point of hip area (approx. 7 -10 inches below waistline), then doubled.
3. The bust is measured straight across from underarm to underarm, then multiplied by 2.
4. The waist is measured at natural waistline, then multiplied by 2.
5. The shoulders are measured across the back from shoulder seam to shoulder seam.
6. The sleeve length is measured from the shoulder seam to the end of sleeve hem or cuff.
Mint: Not a single flaw to note. Pristine, no signs of wear at all, most likely unworn. Very rare...a real gem.
Near mint: Appears to be in new condition and never used. On super-close inspection, one or two barely detectable signs of wear remind us it’s not new, and was probably used 2-3 times, if that.
Excellent: Item shows only the slightest signs of wear, typical from occasional use. No major flaws to report.
Very good: A few minor surface flaws. Imperfections do not affect wear and do not detract from garment.
Good: Minor flaws, some noticeable when worn, but easily overlooked. Structurally sound and wearable.